Misinformation and disinformation pose a challenge to development, governance, public health, and human security efforts around the world. WikiRumours is a workflow and technology platform designed to counter the spread of false information through transparency and early mitigation of conflict.
As communications technology has become more widely distributed in the developing world, the spread of inaccurate, incomplete or fabricated information is an increasingly significant threat to peace and stability, particularly in regions with limited access to reliable third-party media.
WikiRumours can be used to contextualize and mitigate misinformation through community involvement, crisis moderation, and transparency.
- If you've heard a rumour in your community which represents an immediate risk of conflict, report it now.
- If you have verifiable information on an existing rumour recorded in WikiRumours, leave a comment on it.
- If you want to implement a private, local instance of WikiRumours, download the open source version of the software.
- Spread the word about WikiRumours in your community and beyond!
- Contact us for more information.